Top Ten Facts of Indian Navy – Indian Navy ranks fifth in the world in terms of size. There are so many interesting facts which make our Indian Navy distinct from other’s countries Naval forces
So in this article, we are going to provide you the top ten facts of Indian Navy. So let’s get started. If you Want to Going Indian Navy then you have to First Clear Indian Navy Exam and if you Need help then you can Check Some Previous Year Indian Navy SSR Question Paper.
- Indian Navy first aircraft carrier INS Vikrant. The largest aircraft carrier of Indian Navy is INS Viraat. The service ship of Indian Navy names are prefixed with INS (Indian Naval Ship or Indian Navy Station).
- The most unique Naval Academy is situtated in India and operated by Indian Navy which is known as Ezhimala Naval Academy ,Kerala.
- The aerobatic demonstration team in Indian Navy is SagarPawan. There are only two such naval aerobatic teams in the world. The second one is Blue Angels in US Navy.
- SagarPawan uses4 HJT-16 Kiran Mk.2 trainer aircrafts, and the colour scheme used by the aircraft is dark blue on white.
- Indian Navy has formed SagarPrahariBal , a unit in Navy which patrols the Indian Coastal waters. It was started in March 2009 after Mumbai Attacks.
- Indian Navy has built so many bases in the various parts of country. These are located in Mumbai, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Goa, Chennai, Pune, Coimbatore, Chilka and Port Blair. The Naval Headquarters is in New Delhi.
- Indian Navy is divided into three commands i.e. Eastern Command in Vishakhapatnam, Western Command in Mumbai and Southern Command in Cochin. Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief is the head of each command center.
- MARCOS is the special force in Indian Navy. MARCOS is full form of Marine Commandos. This unit of Indian Navy is called as ‘the few and the fearless’. These soldiers are the most efficient forces in the Indian Navy.
- Indian Navy has been involved in one naval war after World War II.
- Indian Navy is fifth largest navy in the world.